One of the best things you can do for your home’s carpeting is to have it deep cleaned every once in a while. Many people treat their carpets to a once-a-year deep cleaning, while others make it a point to invest in this service 2 to 4 times per year. Whatever the frequency with which you hire a carpet cleaning service in Vineland, NJ, however, make sure you’re calling a professional and not just anyone to get the job done.
It might not seem all that hard to properly steam or shampoo carpeting, but in fact there’s a steep learning curve that comes with getting great results. More often than not, people who try to deep clean their own carpets or who hire a discount carpet cleaning service find that they’re not getting their money’s worth. Sometimes, it can even end in disaster!
Let’s take a look at some of the dos and don’ts of carpet cleaning and why they’re so important to follow:
- First things first: do hire a professional carpet cleaning service in Vineland, NJ that has a track record of experience. Do your research and find a company that has the tools and expertise to get the job done right.
- If you’re going to rent the equipment and put in the effort to shampoo your own carpets, do not over-shampoo them! In many cases, less is more. Too much shampoo can mean making it harder for yourself when it comes to extracting all the shampoo. Shampoo left in your carpet becomes a breeding ground for dirt buildup.
- When it comes to steaming your carpets, do not use too much water! Over-wetting your carpets will leave them harder to dry and can actually cause your carpet pad to become damp. When this happens, you run the risk of mold, mildew and bacteria building up. You might also create odors that are hard to get rid of.
- Wait for your carpet to thoroughly dry before walking on it or moving furniture back into the room. Do not spend time on carpet that’s still drying, unless you want to create new stains that set when the carpet dries! Putting down furniture before the carpet is dry can also lead to permanent compression of the fibers.
- If you need to spot-clean parts of your carpet, do make sure to use a natural cleaner that’s free of harsh chemicals. This is better for your carpet and your home. Many natural cleaners work just as well as chemical formulas.
- When cleaning large swaths of carpeting, do make sure to clean in the same direction. This will give the final cleaned carpet a more seamless appearance and prevent you from grinding dirt and debris further into the base.
All told, even experienced carpet cleaners often leave the job to a professional. It takes keen expertise, professional equipment and quality products to ensure a job well done. Plus, that job well done will repay your investment in the years to come, with carpet that looks great, lasts longer, feels better and stays cleaner.
Categorised in: Carpet Cleaning Company
This post was written by Writer